There are very few apps and websites that deliver cigarettes. Fortunately, DoorDash is one of the apps you can use. So, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to order cigarettes on DoorDash.
To order cigarettes from DoorDash, download the app and create an account or simply log in if you have an account. Click on Special Order Types & specify the brand of cigarettes in the extra instructions field in the preferences tab. Then verify your age. Pay for the order and be present for the delivery, showing a government-issued photo ID.
In this short article, we’ll go over the steps in great detail and also check out some of the restrictions that apply.
Let’s dive right in.
— The Land (@TheLandPullman) April 1, 2020
Step 1. Download the Doordash app or use its website to open an account
Start the DoorDash app for your Android or iOS mobile device, and log in if you’ve downloaded it already.
Or download it and create an account with your name and email address if you’re new to the app. You’ll also need to input your phone number, address, and of course, a password.
Your telephone number is important, seeing as it’s the main channel for interacting with the app. There’s also a portion for sharing your location so that the app can leverage GPS to get your location right.
If you live in an apartment, you also want to leave your gate code or apartment number so that the Dasher won’t have to call you. That way, they can bring your order directly to you. After you’ve provided the information, simply click “save.”
If you already have an account, skip step 1.
Step 2. Click on Special Order Types
Click on special order types. Use the extra instructions field in the preferences tab to order the brand of cigarettes you want and the quantity.
— ARTcade (@FunHouseARTcade) March 23, 2016
Step 3. Verify Your Age
Before completing your cigarette order, you will need to verify your age by uploading a picture of your government-issued photo ID. This is a one-time process that you won’t have to do again for your next cigarette order.
DoorDash will use relevant technology on their app to confirm that your ID is valid and has not expired.
Step 4. Pay for your Order
Use any of the following to pay for your cig order:
- Credit or Debit Card. Probably the most common method to pay for your order online is with a credit card or debit card
- PayPal. DoorDash accepts Paypal for deliveries
- Gift Card. You can use a DoorDash gift card as a payment method within your account
Does the baby look like the DoorDash delivery man? They do promise a “delightful delivery.” pic.twitter.com/UhY8XDAp2i
— Paul Chambers📢🏥🤡 (@feedingtubepaul) December 8, 2021
Step 5. Be physically present to accept your order
Cigarettes cannot be left on your doorstep.
You have to be there to collect it, as the Dasher would need to confirm that the person they would be handing over the cigarettes to is actually the person whose ID has been uploaded to the app and that you are at least 21, and that you are not drunk.
Can you order alcohol from DoorDash?
In a recent article, I shared how to order alcohol using the app and explained whether DoorDash is cheaper for alcohol than Instacart. But I also shared info about whether DoorDash checks your ID for alcohol.
Just click the link to read it on my site.
Can you order cigarettes on Door Dash? Because man… pic.twitter.com/JpgQ1OPsUy
— I know a nigga named; (@JonnyBlings) January 7, 2021
Does DoorDash have restrictions on cigarettes?
Yes, Doordash has restrictions to have cigarettes delivered. Recipients must be at least 21, have a valid government-issued photo ID that hasn’t expired, and must not be in a restricted location such as a school or prison.
The Dasher, too, must be at least 21.
Other restricted locations include the following places:
- Other businesses that sell tobacco
- Locker or similar package storage facility
- PO Boxes
- Prison, reformatory, veteran’s home, or state capitol grounds
- College campus (e.g., frat house)
- Sport venues
- Hospitals and health care facilities
- Public or private school
If your location is not any of the above, the Dasher must confirm that you are at least 21, that your ID is valid, and that you’re not drunk.
What are the things the Dasher would check?
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A valid driver’s license issued by federal, state, county, or municipal government.
- A valid passport.
- An identification card issued by the Armed Forces of the United States that contains the name, date of birth, description, and picture of the person.
Then, they are required to check that the ID is not invalid or fake by doing the following:
- Check the expiration date. Do not accept an ID that is expired.
- Ask to remove the ID from the wallet.
- Compare the customer at the door to the photo in the ID. Examine facial features: are the height, eye shape, ear and nose shape, or placement similar? Ignore weight, hair, and makeup as these may change.
- Feel the edges of the ID – a legitimate ID will have smooth, uniform edges. A fake ID may have rougher edges and perhaps may be coming apart.
- Look for glue lines or bumpy or uneven surfaces. A real ID’s surface should be consistent.
What about Instacart, do they deliver cigarettes?
That’s what I looked at in a recent article. In the article, I looked at whether you could order cigarettes from them or Ubereats and the associated conditions.
I also looked at whether it’s legal to deliver cigarettes in every state and how to know what the restrictions are in your state.
Just click the link to read it on my site.
In the article, we looked at 5 simple steps for ordering cigarettes via DoorDash.
But we also explored the conditions you need to meet and some restrictions that apply. The important thing is that you must be at least 21 and you must have a valid ID that has not expired. It would be checked each time before a Dasher hands over the order. So, you must be physically present to receive it.
They won’t leave it on your doorstep.
Photos that require attribution:
A Street Scene on Granville Street, Downtown, Vancouver during coronavirus pandemic by GoToVan is licensed under CC2.0 and was cropped, edited, and had a text and graphic overlay added.